Interest in buying Missouri natives

ShadowBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2007
Poplar Bluff, MO
I'm almost tempted to get some studfish from you... what is their compatibility and temp range like?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
They can handle overwintering temps, as long as the water isn't completely frozen, and they can handle fairly warm tropical temps (80 or so), but room temp (65-72) would probably be the best middleground.

They get to around 6", and would be fine with peaceful or semi-aggressive tankmates around the same size or that they can't swallow. Mine right now are with some juvie goldfish, 3.5" long minnows, a juvie channel cat, a water beetle, topminnow, and a rainbow darter.
They can be belligerent but mainly to conspecifics (other killis), and they make pick on slowmoving fish or fish with long fins.

What kind of Darters can you get?
That's a good question. Some may take awhile to find but long term there are a lot I should be able to get and spawn.

These are the ones in the 2 main counties I frequent, that are legal to attain. With stars next to the ones I see often:
DARTER, BANDED (ETHEOSTOMA ZONALE )***
DARTER, BARRED FANTAIL (ETHEOSTOMA FLABELLARE FLABELLARE )
DARTER, BLACKSIDE (PERCINA MACULATA )**
DARTER, BLUNTNOSE (ETHEOSTOMA CHLOROSOMA )
DARTER, CYPRESS (ETHEOSTOMA PROELIARE )
DARTER, DUSKY (PERCINA SCIERA )
DARTER, GILT (PERCINA EVIDES )
DARTER, GREENSIDE (ETHEOSTOMA BLENNIOIDES ) ***
DARTER, JOHNNY (ETHEOSTOMA NIGRUM ) ***
DARTER, MUD (ETHEOSTOMA ASPRIGENE )
DARTER, ORANGETHROAT (ETHEOSTOMA SPECTABILE ) ***
DARTER, RAINBOW (ETHEOSTOMA CAERULEUM ) ******* (most common)
DARTER, RIVER (PERCINA SHUMARDI ) ***
DARTER, SADDLEBACK (PERCINA VIGIL )
DARTER, SCALY SAND (AMMOCRYPTA VIVAX )
DARTER, SLOUGH (ETHEOSTOMA GRACILE )
DARTER, SPECKLED (ETHEOSTOMA STIGMAEUM )
DARTER, STARGAZING (PERCINA URANIDEA )
DARTER, WESTERN SAND (AMMOCRYPTA CLARA )

--------

Bear with me guys. It will probably be summer before I have many fish to offer. For one I'm having to get tanks/tubs as I have the money for them, and also I decided to start this up the WRONG time of year. Had I decided this in the spring I'd already have some colonies of stuff going since I could have gotten mature breeding specimens of many species.
Right now a lot of fish have moved into harder to reach areas, and they also aren't feeding heavily this time of year, so it's taking awhile to collect.

tinkshouse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2012
Moorsville, NC
Im interested in some of your fish. Can you send me a price list and shipping cost ?? i would like to buy some minnows and a few checkers madtoms. How big are they now? Just let me know.

Thanks,Paul

ShadowBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2007
Poplar Bluff, MO

ShadowBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2007
Poplar Bluff, MO
Guys I wasn't expecting so much immediate interest, since the thread was to gauge long term interest in stuff I'll have in the future. We literally JUST got our business name registered and stuff a couple of weeks ago, and I don't even have all my holding and spawning tanks set up yet. I'm also still waiting for several responses with price lists and other info such as species availability from local aquaculture facilities. They don't seem to be very timely with it. Also waiting to receive an order of shipping supplies.
I JUST got my commercial permit in a couple of days ago, so I'm only just now this week going out to see what I can get with that, weather permitting. Remember, weather this time of year is often not cooperative with fishing and netting. It's supposed to thunderstorm tomorrow, so I can't really go out in an aluminium boat then :p
Wish I'd made a decision to start this up back in the spring when I had access to just about everything.

Anyone who is seriously interested in ordering specific species, or trading as soon as available and I'm set up to ship, should email me at Riverfishaquatics@gmail.com, so I have a record of what fish you want and can make sure to check availability and price information ASAP. And so I can also get zip codes and determine if shipping of those species is even legal to your state, rather than wasting yours or my time. State and federal regulations will be strictly followed, no exceptions.
I will of course respond to PMs here, but it makes it harder to archive and keep track of serious requests.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store