Interesting article

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
One of my other hobbies is four wheeling and when I was younger I’d bash around the desert in CA from the border up to Barstow. One of the visitor centers had these fish in a pond and in some aquariums, but I also found a few naturally occurring springs that also had a population. So I just found this article interesting, especially since I’m sure on at least one of my trips I couldn’t have to far from where this is happening.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
One of my other hobbies is four wheeling and when I was younger I’d bash around the desert in CA from the border up to Barstow. One of the visitor centers had these fish in a pond and in some aquariums, but I also found a few naturally occurring springs that also had a population. So I just found this article interesting, especially since I’m sure on at least one of my trips I couldn’t have to far from where this is happening.

Thats awesome the desert pup fish is making a come back.

Reactions: Joshuakahan

HUKIT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2010
Crystal Lake, Illinois
It’s a great article but I swear every single one of these seem to contain some jack ass doing something destructive. This was pretty hard to watch too.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
It’s a great article but I swear every single one of these seem to contain some jack ass doing something destructive. This was pretty hard to watch too.

Ya, I saw this a week ago. I left CA 20 years ago and recently went back for a bit and I went to go jeep some of the old trails I used to like and many were closed, probably due to said jackasses not understanding “tread lightly “ and tearing stuff up and harming wildlife.At least the pupfish pond at the visitor center is well secured.

Reactions: tlindsey and HUKIT
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store