Inventory of Fish in 15,000 gallon tank the Mini Mega and new Pictures (Update)

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
I received an email from Heinz Machacek, the editor World Records Freshwater Fishing.
Heinz has an english version of his German website listing the verified record sizes of fish caught by fishing rod. If you go to his website you will find many of the fish we keep in the hobby and in some cases be very surprised at the records either being bigger than expected or in many cases being smaller. It's a free website and you can click on his email to receive regular updates.

Dear Arapaimag,

it would be great if you can add the newsletter from 2008 (if you want).

Thank you in advance
Best regards
Heinz

Heinz Machacek, editor
World Records Freshwater Fishing
editor@fishing-worldrecords.com
www.fishing-worldrecords.com

Moris

Feeder Fish
Nov 22, 2010
los angeles
According to my thinking rain water tank should be use for the storage of water so that water can be easily use in the upcoming future where there is chances of shortage of water.

-------------------------------------------------
rainwater tanks

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
Hi Everyone

I Hope you had a great christmas and best wishes for a great 2011

I had 2 baby motoro stingrays born in my 15,000 gallon tank Dec 13.

Richard went in and caught them both a few days after they were born.

They stuck themselves to the floor of the tank and he had to use a spoon to get them un stuck so he could get the net under them.

Catching the first one along the 18 foot side of the tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGMHeYrt9Hc&feature=related

catching the second one and needing the spoon on the 28 foot long side of the tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7s4L5lA_hg&feature=related

Reactions: Cowturtle

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Very cool. I still love your tanks!

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
lamanuts;4852981; said:
how big is that lima shovelnose
As I got this MFK reply I actually was talking to Noel Nathaniel on the phone and he is the hobbyist who gave her to me 11 years ago in 2000 at 18". She has grown to 22"+.

She is a Sorubim but since they now have 5 species in the genus I am not sure if she is a lima.

Her caudal lobes do not look like any of the species. The closest is Sorubim cuspicaudus but she does have a bit of a rounded lobe on the bottom section of the caudal fin. And S. cuspicaudus do grow the largest of all Sorubim by far.

I had 2 males in with her for several years they were sold as Sorubim lima (as every one of the 4 most common species are in my country). But they never grew more than 11-12" tl and were probably S. elongatus or S. maniradi besed on owning them from 2000 to 2007 and they only grew to that size. I never counted their gill rakers to confirm. Both males actively pursued the female in a breeding activity and I am sure eggs were laid.

That is a 34" measured Pterodoras granulosus on her left and a Leporinus fasciatus about 14" long on her right.

BOB WRIGHT april 2007 189.JPG

BOB WRIGHT april 2007 190.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store