Iridescent shark acting strange

Isaac'sTank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2016
My mother got a fish tank and added in an iridescent shark. It acted fine for a few days but it suddenly started to hide and not move. The only other fish is a blood parrot cichlid with a deformed mouth. I found out just now that she added aquarium salt around the time it started acting differently. So the question is could the salt be the cause of the shark acting differently. Any help will be much appreciated because I have no experience with salt.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Depends on how much salt. 1% or less may not matter too much. 10% or more may be lethal.

Plus, what are the test results for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate, pH and temp?

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
I have 3 ID's and they're definitely the weirdest acting fish I have. They seem to be very temperamental. One of mine was constantly in motion for the first couple months I had him, like they usually are, and now has spent most of the last 2 months swimming in place facing the corner of the tank. He's eating properly and is growing well and looks totally healthy in every way, I guess he just likes his corner. So if the salt isn't an issue it may just be that you got a weird one like I did

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store