Is 7500 GPH too much for a 450 gallon glass

jjb

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Rowlett Texas
I bought a bunch of pond equipment and decided to do another fish tank instead so I was wondering if I could use my Viper UV and my ultima 20,000 bio filter but it needs 7500 GPH to operate properly tank size is 96x 31x36 high ?? Iam gonna do big fish like koi or peacock with the equipment mounted outside next ton wall ,, just wanna know if anyone has ran this much GPH in a small tank ?

image.png

image.png

Glossolepis incisus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2016
Way overkill in my opinion. Would most likely be an enormous amount of current. Plu a a total p.i.t.a. to plumb enough overflow capacity for that

Reactions: jjb

jjb

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Rowlett Texas
Way overkill in my opinion. Would most likely be an enormous amount of current. Plu a a total p.i.t.a. to plumb enough overflow capacity for that
Yea I just wanna use what I had already bought for my pond but I don't wanna create a whirlpool I was gonna use one of the above liner drains and do three returns on top

image.png

jjb

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Rowlett Texas
Yea I just wanna use what I had already bought for my pond but I don't wanna create a whirlpool I was gonna use one of the above liner drains and do three returns on top

View attachment 1177362

I ran 6000gph on my 750 and it wasn't bad at all

TRENT

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2007
OREGON
You may possibly be able to get away with a spray bar (length of tank) with one inch holes and a lot of them (surface agitation and some at a 90 degrees from that). It's worth a try like you said you already have it. OR you could ditch the pump and filter (sell it) and go with a sump?

jjb

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Rowlett Texas
Yea I hate to take penny's on the dollar but I kinda think it might be over-kill I found a 650 gallon or that's about as big as I can fit in my room / I had a 700 gallon but moved and sold it thinking I was gonna do a 20,000 gallon pond wich I still can hole is already there off the porch//(old pool ) but I really don't like the fact I have to go outside everytime to see my fish,, I kinda laid out my liner but yea just used to seeing my fish anytime

image.jpeg

Glossolepis incisus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2016
I would say if you want to use the equipment, and not take the loss. I'd say the best option I see is 2 or 3 tanks that size wink, wink.

Danh

Piranha
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
South East
I had pre head 7200gph in my 480 8x4x2 through the sump. Then I had another 1000 gph in a couple of powerheads inside of the tank.

jjb

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Rowlett Texas
I had pre head 7200gph in my 480 8x4x2 through the sump. Then I had another 1000 gph in a couple of powerheads inside of the tank.
Do you remember how you got water out of tank to flow that much ? Just bulkheads into sump ?

Thanks in advance

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store