Is it legal to use barbed wire on residential property?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Yeah you're kinda screwed with the PPD I dont think you could pay them to respond out to handle that situation since its low priority. I would 100% post your property. This legally will help you out but in PA our tresspasser laws suck. Theres a lot of stuff on the internet about how much of a failure it can be. Mostly are hunting instances. Few ideas for you is how is their property? Judging by the description of the neighbors the house is probably in piss poor shape which you could L&I involved for property maintence. Which in turn depending on the inside of the house child services could be summoned if its in real bad shape like I think it would. How many occupents live in? Sounds like L&I could also be contacted for possible overcrowding. These have potential to get rid of those future outstanding citizens of Philadelphia. If all else fails you can contract me to pick them off. Predator season is only 6 months away I'll need the target practice
They'll fall under nuisance law in PA, probably much like a coyote or groundhog. Just shoot whenever ya know? System parasite season is year round.

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Yell at the kids au natural one time, with the whole chest-pubes and bro-fro thing going on, as long as you are on your property and they are trespassing I can't see you making the offenders list for it...

I think LOL

Reactions: millerkid519

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
So we need an update just to make sure your not in jail
LOL!,it hasn't been on my mind much lately as the weather has not been exactly inviting for much yardplay what with the low temps and near constant rain and all...

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
You should find a way to hide fireworks near the top of the fence. Nothing insane, but right when they are about at the top of the fence - BOOM! Would be hilarious. Might get a faceful of sparks, maybe a bit of a burn but they shouldn't be coming into your yard. Check the legality of it though.

OR - if you want a perfectly legal thing to do - go find a couple of BIG blackberry bushes. Plant them four feet away from the fence, inside your yard (or less). Trust me, it'll look like they got in a fight with a couple of rabid cats by the time they get out of those bushes. It's 100% legal too. Plant poison ivy too. Just wear pants, a coat, and gloves and go rip a ton of it up. If these kids are dumb enough to keep trespassing, they're probably dumb enough not to be able to identify poison ivy.

I wouldn't do anything involving a dog, because the dog can be forced to be registered as a "Dangerous dog" (not sure if that's the politically correct term). Someone did this to an old neighbor of mine's dog and they had to follow a ton of rules and regulations and the dog was miserable. They couldn't be unchained, could rarely take off the muzzle, etc.

If you're set on barbed wire, I wouldn't try that. However, get some anti-bird landing strips. Much easier to lie and say that you're preventing birds landing if that's on there.

I've got one other idea - try and get your backyard registered as a certified wildlife area. I'm 99% sure that if you do this, trespassers get in a lot more trouble. That way they'll really learn their lesson. It's really easy to do this too.
GL and keep us updated

Homer Siped

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2015
This is a tough one, criminals have more rights than you do. Idstart with no tresspass signage but make sure they are legal, in Vermont, they have to be signed by you and town clerk, have to be posted every so far apart. I know how you feel about these little pukes, I have one of these POS housing around corner from my house, they walk by looking in my garage, I tell them to keep right on trucking and advert their eyes from my garage nothing there for you to see. I know from doing stupid things when I was a kid barbed wire doesn't really do much, I used to run then it when I was a kid when the farmer would see us fishing. Could get some black filter fabric, but the plastic stuff don't know what it's called, stretch that tight and when they fall to the ground and can't get out ID call the cops and tell them you have some kids that are threads your life and you will take action and defend yourself

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Do "Enter At Own Risk" signs have the same standing in the USA as the do here? Probably not.

From what I am to understand, in Australia an "enter at own risk" sign means exactly that, if you see the sign, chose to enter and get hurt, the homeowner is covered because you done it on your own accord after being notified that it is risky to do so. If that applies in the US then its time to post some signs and set up some boobie traps. :p

The reason I ask is because one of my friends mums got away with her dog biting someone (meaning, the dog didn't get put down) because they'd jumped her fence one night and the dog attacked one of them, all thanks to the "enter at own risk" sign... But the US may be different. :)

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Do "Enter At Own Risk" signs have the same standing in the USA as the do here? Probably not.

From what I am to understand, in Australia an "enter at own risk" sign means exactly that, if you see the sign, chose to enter and get hurt, the homeowner is covered because you done it on your own accord after being notified that it is risky to do so. If that applies in the US then its time to post some signs and set up some boobie traps. :p

The reason I ask is because one of my friends mums got away with her dog biting someone (meaning, the dog didn't get put down) because they'd jumped her fence one night and the dog attacked one of them, all thanks to the "enter at own risk" sign... But the US may be different. :)
I don't think they work like that, but they need to. I strongly believe that if someone is on my property, that I didn't let on my property, I have every right to do whatever the hell I want to them (obviously excluding cruel/unusual punishment).

Homer Siped

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2015
I feel same way, we had someone loosening lug nuts on my wife's truck, I told the cops plain out if I catch them I will beat them to death and it won't be a fast death I will drag it out for a few days. In Vermont you have to prove within a shadow of a doubt that they were going to do bodily harm, they would end up with one of my knives in their hand before cops arrive

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store