Is it Normal for ARO's to jump this Much???

arodini

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
ohio
thought about bala sharks which I've had with my jar for awhile? a pair of 4" would do fine as mates to your RTG and add silver&black colors to your tank. they're quick, grow fairly fast, very friendly and they'll eat the leftover from the RTG.

is the background symbol in orange? if so, try temporarily cover it during this healing period. i told you before on other threads about no big moving objects in RED around the tank, now i'd say the same for orange since it has similar effect as red on my jar.

and i'd recommend not to control pH level..

Cliff.W.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2010
Toronto, ON.
arodini;4185057; said:
thought about bala sharks which I've had with my jar for awhile? a pair of 4" would do fine as mates to your RTG and add silver&black colors to your tank. they're quick, grow fairly fast, very friendly and they'll eat the leftover from the RTG.

is the background symbol in orange? if so, try temporarily cover it during this healing period. i told you before on other threads about no big moving objects in RED around the tank, now i'd say the same for orange since it has similar effect as red on my jar.

Mmm the symbol is dark dark burgundy red.

Cliff.W.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2010
Toronto, ON.
arodini;4185057; said:

Mmm the symbol is dark dark burgundy red. My RTG didn't have any issues with anything for the first 5 weeks when i brought him home. But just now recently he freaked out a couple of times... dont know why

aro-man

Candiru
MFK Member
May 14, 2005
.....thats a good question....
Do you run a heater? Check if it's faulty. I had one occasionally zap my fish. Couldn't figure out why they would freak out here and there till I was cleaning the glass then bam! Hope your aro gets better!

Cliff.W.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2010
Toronto, ON.
aro-man;4188043; said:
Do you run a heater? Check if it's faulty. I had one occasionally zap my fish. Couldn't figure out why they would freak out here and there till I was cleaning the glass then bam! Hope your aro gets better!
SO you think i should keep my hand in the water near the heater to see if i get eletricuted or shocked?? LoL.... Aww man... I dont know about that... I'll use a volt meter to check but I dont think its the heater cause its bran new from a good name 'Marineland'.

I do sometimes wonder about how long lasting all these powerheads, current makers and heaters are. I mean how safe are they from electricuting my fish? Though I have heard of people having heaters for over 10 years.

Anyway my RTG is gaining it confidence back again. eating when I'm watching him and swimming up to the tank to play again. So hopefully he will calm down once he gets older.

aro-man

Candiru
MFK Member
May 14, 2005
.....thats a good question....
Haha! I dont recommend anyone sticking their hand next to a faulty heater lol! Just a suggestion man. Glad to hear your aro is doing good!

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
actually fish don't get shocked.. people do because they become part of the circuit for the electricity to get to ground.

My fish have broken every glass heater i've ever put in a tank. i'm sure it's not what is making your aro jump. but to be on the safe side, i would buy either a Stealth heater or a titanium heater.

jr monster fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2007
Fox island wa
Morledzep;4189067; said:
actually fish don't get shocked.. people do because they become part of the circuit for the electricity to get to ground.

My fish have broken every glass heater i've ever put in a tank. i'm sure it's not what is making your aro jump. but to be on the safe side, i would buy either a Stealth heater or a titanium heater.
True they dont get shocked, but they can sense the currents. It can annoy the hell out of sharks especially (I'm not too sure about aros).
Dang I haven't posted in a LONG time.:eek:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store