azariah.wikidot.com
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
0-5
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
41-50%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hey MFK

I have a keyhole cichlids whos around a year old, ever since I purchased him with my five others he hasn't grown much and has been at the bottom of the pecking order. Recently he hasn't even been eating, so I moved him to a separate tank so he could eat without getting bullied. However, his scales recently began to pinecone and he started to bloat. Today, I found him unable to swim, flailing around. Somethings clearly wrong with his swim bladder, or something like that. He's severely pineconed. Is it time to put him down? Or is there some magic way to help him?

If it's time, what is the best way to do it? I have some clove oil on hand, what would be the best way to use this to euthanize him?

I appreciate any help.

Reactions: jjohnwm

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Difficult when it gets this far. Likely unrecoverable. Would add some clove oil a few drops at a time. Should eventually stop breathing.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Fishyboy🐟🐟🐟

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2023
Difficult when it gets this far. Likely unrecoverable. Would add some clove oil a few drops at a time. Should eventually stop breathing.
Hey MFK

I have a keyhole cichlids whos around a year old, ever since I purchased him with my five others he hasn't grown much and has been at the bottom of the pecking order. Recently he hasn't even been eating, so I moved him to a separate tank so he could eat without getting bullied. However, his scales recently began to pinecone and he started to bloat. Today, I found him unable to swim, flailing around. Somethings clearly wrong with his swim bladder, or something like that. He's severely pineconed. Is it time to put him down? Or is there some magic way to help him?

If it's time, what is the best way to do it? I have some clove oil on hand, what would be the best way to use this to euthanize him?

I appreciate any help.
I agree with the other responder

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store