Is my arowana sick?

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
I change water yesterday.. Its getting worst now he got some lose scales in his body and turns in red....
This is because your arowana is dying from ammonia poisoning. Did you tell the fish store that you have a tank full of ammonia? Nutrafin does nothing to neutralize ammonia, prime does detoxify ammonia. You need to change enough water daily to keep your ammonia and nitrite levels below .25 ppm, did you buy a test kit? As for what bottled bacteria to use? Start another thread asking that advice, I have never needed to use it so I can't really comment.

Best thing you can do until you get what is required from the fish store is to do daily 50% water changes and hope for the best. If you don't act now the only update you'll be giving in a week is of your dead arowana.

haroldallen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2011
Canada
I bought a test kit and it shows amonia im changing water daily and fck this pet store my arowana is dying. Ill buy an arowana again when i get my 55 gal and leave my oscar atm..... im so sadddd!

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
It's not the pet stores fault. It is your fault for not doing any research whatsoever before attempting to keep fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store