Is this Fin rot?

specialized002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
I noticed this the other day, he is about 7 inches looks like Fin rot but I just want to make sure. He doesn't seem stressed, he swims around like normal and eats everything in sight. I do 40% water changes twice a week and none of my discus or my stingray seem to be affected by it. Any ideas what is going on, I have not tested my water but I do a bunch of water changes.

image.jpg

image.jpg

specialized002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
Ok, after reading a few other forums and talking to a few people they say it looks normal for a black of this size. One guy stated that a small aros fins should always look like this as it is because it's growing. I'm quite relieved!

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Ok, after reading a few other forums and talking to a few people they say it looks normal for a black of this size. One guy stated that a small aros fins should always look like this as it is because it's growing. I'm quite relieved!
I've raised several black and silver aro from babies. None ever looked like that. It's fin rot which is commonly seen in juvie arowana

specialized002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
I don't understand why tho, he doesn't seem stressed. None of the other fish have been affected by it. I do bi weekly 40% water changes, he eats any and everything. :nilly:

jechrz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I remember when I had my silver, its fins exactly looked like your black's, and it was about 10", so it could be normal (as my water params were stable and good). Just keep doing your regular water changes, and make sure you don't get spikes , and it should heal up with time. Those fin colors looks nice though. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store