Is this ick?

dianas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
Milton, FL
Thanks everyone. Good thing is that right now there is zero aggression in the tank. I have what is considered peaceful/midly aggressive peacocks/haps so everyone minds their own business. I do have a 6" Moorii who seems to keep things under control. I even have two 2" peacocks in there and they swim along with the big boys, no problem. I was surprised. I have a diy rockwall I made and it has caves and caverns built into it, plus they have featherrock caves to hide in so anyone being picked on has plenty of places to retreat to.

The little Chitende Mdoka (first 2 pics) is one of the smaller fish, but since being in my tank, I've seen nobody even coming near him. He does hide in caves on occassion. I'll add some melafix today.

Here's the whole tank:

They can go behind rocks in the wall for more hiding space

dianas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
Milton, FL
The rockwall is a diy styro I made using Sikatop cementious coating. The rocks in the front are real. . .featherrocks (one is a lava rock) I hollowed and made into caves. I colored them with the same Silkatop I used for the rockwall so they would match. The whole project was pretty easy to do and hides all equipment (2 ac110's and a wet/dry overflow box, heater etc) Thanks :)

SIN1312

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2009
Upstate NY
yea that is a bad ass background....do u keep your temp on the "cooler" end?

dianas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
Milton, FL
Tx. Well I was keeping them at 79F, but when I thought it might be ick, I jacked it up to 82. Its on its way back down to 79F now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store