Is this normal for a Serverum

Shad27

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2015
So had this guy well over a month. I've nv seen it eat anything I put in the tank butt blood worms. It's the biggest fish in the tank and is really fat and hides when it sees me walk nere the tank and start fights with fish and swimming back in forth all day. When I go to feed my fish everyone comes up and eat but it . It nv goes for food I put Vegs I'm the tank I just nv seen it eat anything but blood worms. Does it eat when I'm not looking . Why don't I ever see it eat but it's so fat and have healthy preety strips ? image.jpg

Shad27

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2015
So had this guy well over a month. I've nv seen it eat anything I put in the tank butt blood worms. It's the biggest fish in the tank and is really fat and hides when it sees me walk nere the tank and start fights with fish and swimming back in forth all day. When I go to feed my fish everyone comes up and eat but it . It nv goes for food I put Vegs I'm the tank I just nv seen it eat anything but blood worms. Does it eat when I'm not looking . Why don't I ever see it eat but it's so fat and have healthy preety strips ? View attachment 1152011
This is first pic when got it it had all of it strips and look very healthy this was when it was first adapting to the water

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
My first guess would be water parameters, ime severum stop being too fussy about food after a couple days, after a month they greet me waiting for food. You could try earth worms since they will be more substantial. You could try veggie clipping some greens to the side so he can pick him up when he wants but they weren't successful before. Try testing your water and report back. Is his stomach still that round or was he heavily fed in that pic?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store