Is this the coloring of the flowerhorn or disease?

Fresharo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2014
Colorado
So my little Fh I had since 2 inches use to be white then as he grew he turned grayish like most srd. Then I started notices white patches. Are those patches color change or disease. No growth or fuzzy or indentation or change in behavior. Super healthy otherwise, always eating.here are the patches.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg When he was youngerimage.jpg when the white started disappearing image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Was the fish alone? I looks like somthing beat the crap outa him.

Fresharo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2014
Colorado
No he was by himself when I saw the changes. He did have this rock I got from drfosters&smith that was like sand molded together to form a cave. It was a little small for him but he would squeeze in anyway. Could that be it? Here's the rock caveimage.jpg

image.jpg

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
I had a flowerhorn that looked like that. People told me it was fading. If you take a closer look at the fins, it's the coloration and white color that makes it looked ripped up like from a fight. I would just leave it alone If it's just the coloring with no loss of appetite or unusual bumps. My fish turned bright orange after fading but it took a long time. Good luck.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey

Fresharo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2014
Colorado
Yeah what dr shakalu said, the spots on its fins that look like missing pieces are actually white coloration. Thanks for the ease of mind

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
Yeah what dr shakalu said, the spots on its fins that look like missing pieces are actually white coloration. Thanks for the ease of mind
Also, be aware that it might take a long time to fade and will look worse before getting better looking. Just keep doing what you're doing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store