It or ntt?

asm129

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Cafe Lu
Big save has one very nice 4 inch NTT for $70 I believe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
For 4" NTT, that's kinda pricy for that size. I saw a 3" one for $60 at another store in Orange County (405 Tropical.) IMO, NTT aren't worth $15 or more per inch unless they're a good size already like 7-8" +.

asm129

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Cafe Lu
I got them from beltway aquarium in Maryland. I paid $100 a piece for them. I am worried though because they went threw a huge water quality switch coming home with me as their water is like 6.0 ph and 8 ammonia and mind is 7.5 ph and 0 ammonia so I hope they don't get sick I dripped them into the tank for 45 minutes and they are still alive so hopefully nothing happens! The store was a complete crap hole and they had a ton of these guys some were 80 and the bigger ones that I get were eating better and listed for 150 but I talked him down to 100 a piece since I was getting three of them.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

$100 a piece for those dats is a great price for them. Great pickup.

I wouldn't worry too much about them. If you slowly acclimated them, they should be fine. IME, fish can adjust to a new tank's PH pretty quickly as long as temperature isn't too much different than their old water and the new water quality is good. For most of my new fish, I just do the plop and drop method of putting in some conditioner and putting them right into my tank and I've never lost a fish that way.

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
If you can't treat them in another tank then a treatment from now until Saturday should do some good.Just do a good sized water change and rinse out the filter on Friday evening and all should be set by the time the rays arrive on Saturday.
Hmmm I won't be able to get any meds until Tuesday... I have no other tanks so they have to be treated in there... Is there any way to tell whether they do or don't have parasites so I know whether they absolutely need treated or not? I just hate putting any chemicals at all in my tank.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I don't blame ya as I don't like to use chemicals either but sometimes I have no choice.There is really no way of knowing for sure if your thinbars are carrying or not if they are not excessively rubbing or showing some other signs of discomfort.Its just been my experience with the species that they seem to be very susceptible to different parasites.Yours have made it to a pretty big size though so they might be fine.

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
I don't blame ya as I don't like to use chemicals either but sometimes I have no choice.There is really no way of knowing for sure if your thinbars are carrying or not if they are not excessively rubbing or showing some other signs of discomfort.Its just been my experience with the species that they seem to be very susceptible to different parasites.Yours have made it to a pretty big size though so they might be fine.
Ok thankyou I am going to take my chances as bad as that sounds and I will keep a really close eye out for anything they aren't rubbing at all and have no raised spots on their skin and have no sores/open wounds. If I see any signs of parasites I will just treat them immediately. I made sure to get the best three they had as they just told me to get them myself lol. I am 99% sure that prazi is ray safe so I will use that if the need arises. Like I said I hate the idea of putting any form of chemicals in my tank because of how delicate my rays are.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Fully understood as I have not kept any Rays but I know they can be sensitive to their water and what's in it...It
might be moot given their large size but also keep an eye out for any abnormal looking or rapid breathing/gill pumping.I have had this issue arise with almost every small thin bar I've had.

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
I have seen a couple threads of people who have ntts and they get like those pimples on them but I don't see any of that on any of these three at all so hopefully I'm clear.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good for you and them,that stuff is bad news.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store