It's coming..... Upgrade finally on the horizon!!!

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Who did the stand? It looks like you have way too much area with no vertical support. Unless it was left out to slide sump in then it will be added. Looking forward to hearing about your experience with them. I need a tank made to replace my 750g hopefully within the next year
The stand was not done by rt4, I had it made by a metal shop that does wrought iron stands for fish tanks for one of the big dry good wholesalers in the area. Because of the doorways the stand had to be done in 3 pieces and is bolted togther. There is no additional supports to be added at this time, but the shop was made aware of what was being done with the stand. You have me nervous now... lol

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
The stand was not done by rt4, I had it made by a metal shop that does wrought iron stands for fish tanks for one of the big dry good wholesalers in the area. Because of the doorways the stand had to be done in 3 pieces and is bolted togther. There is no additional supports to be added at this time, but the shop was made aware of what was being done with the stand. You have me nervous now... lol
It looks like you have about a 6' span with no vertical support. That's no good unless they used 3/8" 2x2 tubing. What was used? Probably 1/8" that may sag on you. If you needed that open, I would have put 2x3x 1/4" for that span. You should have hit me up I would have built one for you. I've seen some stands done with the feet like you have too the one thing I dont like about that design and neither will your tile floor is, now all the weight of the tank and water is pressing down on just those points whereas if you have a solid base, the weight is distributed evenly over the whole floor. This is just my observations and critiques. Hopefully you will be fine though.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
It has a center vertical brace there, looks like a strong stand to me with room to get to the sump which is needed, it will be strong enough, I.agree I like the flat bottom stands but they are not needed 100%

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
I would put a piece of ply or something under the legs on that stand. If one of those tiles crack, you might have a problem.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Did they already do the cutouts for the top? If so pics?
Yes, Top will be on saturday, its currently against the wall with the other side so i do not want o to move them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store