Jag growth thread....

cich78

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
new york
love jags myself. grow rate has been slow for mine, but they both females.
Thanks... I think it depends on what we consider slow... After the initial thread by Jagsandpits I started looking at information on fish growth.. different type fish but even in the warmer climates large mouth and smallmouth bass take about a year to get to be around 5 inches...and about 3 years to make it to around 13 inches. I am inclined to think that captive fish grow faster than fish in the wild do at least in the first year due to the the constant supply of food and grow faster up until the point where the limitations of the tank space and water conditions that don't equal the wild effect them... I thought my female was going slow too but it really seems like she's beginning to develop maybe we just have to be more patient... Just food for thought....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

JRT8783

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2013
Minnesota
how many are u growing out? And would u sell any, and possibly ship? Just thought I'd ask

Sent from my LG-E980 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cich78

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
new york
Thanks for the interest....I am growing out 8 from my jags last spawn in a 75 gallon..plan to keep 1 maybe 2 and sell or trade( I don't ship) the rest locally...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store