"Janitors"

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Yes, dip strips are not accurate right out of the box....they go down hill rapidly from there.

Do not forget that when you do the second water change you are changing some of the fresh water that you changed the time before....having said that 33% is perfect.

Not sure what you mean by a 90 gal overhang, I doubt this holds 90 gals so assume it it designed for "up to 90gals" which doesn't mean anything in ray keeping. An overhang and a bio wheel along with a canister is very little filtration for rays even though it's a lot for a normal tank.

Don't forget rays need 300-500 gals to live in along with massive filtration such as a sump or a couple of fluval fx5's

Tworner54

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2011
massachusetts
Ya its up to 90 gallons, with my filtration my whole tank is filtered around 10 times an hour I plan on making a sump soon but the problem is the stand I have it on is not going to fit a sump under it (to small of a space) or behind it (its up against a wall) so the only place I could put it is on the side of the stand but I don't even know if that's possible so I might just be looking for a fluval fx5 in the near future

Tworner54

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2011
massachusetts
my sump sits at the side of my tank. no reason why it wouldn't work.
O alright wasn't sure on that but what would you recommend for a sump size for a 90 gallon I have a 20 long that is available and a 30 gallon but the base of the 20 and 30 are the same just the 30 is taller thanks, also do you have your sump length facing you or width facing you.

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
The size of the sump should be the biggest you can fit, it doesn't matter about shape etc. The main things are a good cover to stop any smells, enough space to stop it flooding if the power goes off and then a way to stop the main tank syphoning in a power out....that means a drilled tank or special overflow box. Sumps are great as you get massive filter space whichnis much bigger than an fx5 plus you can get the heaters in there to keep them out of harms way. The bigger the sump, the bigger the volume and the more stable the water.

Exotic Aquatics LLC

Piranha
Community Vendor
MFK Member
i currently have 4 good size rays 3 king royal marbles and a bd and it doesnt matter what i put in there they cleanup house.

for bottom feeders i use a marbled cat, polypterus ornate and delhezi, moba frontosa(good sand sifters)

good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store