japanese seabass

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
many years ago, I brought some in. Most do better in salt water. They're farm raised for food in China, I can get babies fairly cheap. I may try again in the future, lateolabrax japonicus

chris1990

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2014
china
many years ago, I brought some in. Most do better in salt water. They're farm raised for food in China, I can get babies fairly cheap. I may try again in the future, lateolabrax japonicus
the one im fishing for are landlocked in freshwater , I am currently studying in hangzhou . The seabass are born in the sea , probably somewhere in the hangzhou bay ,in summer they ascend the qiantang river up to hangzhou and even beyond to the fuchun river (more than 200-300km upstream which is quit impressive ) . the one in the qiantang river move back to the sea as they get bigger .. Some like the ones in the pictures enter the network of man made canal in hangzhou city and seem to not to able to make it back to to the sea . They then grow big in a completely freshwater habitat . They are my dream fish at the moment , can live in both fresh , brackish and saltwater , found in islands 500kms from land , 200km inland , both in poluted and clean water , tropical and temperate waters .formidable predators ,A formidable fish of the same level as any peacock bass , datnoid or arowana in my opinion.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store