Jardini Arowana Grooming

Damascus

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2020
And i'm telling you outside of a 1 in a million genetic luck out or a lab grown specimen you will only get a variation of bronze coloration; most likely a deep and dark bronze if you don't go down a WTT type route (even then this is will last only as long as the fish remains in the WTT environment). The video above is using a gold/dark yellow light but if you look closely the jardini looks like every other healthy jar in a light colored tank; a light bronze.

Now IF you do get lucky with the genetic lottery then there is a chance to develop your fish into something similar to this:
View attachment 1540897
(credit https://www.fishingcairns.com.au/target-species/gulf-saratoga/)

but even this looks like either an edited image (increased coloration not added pixels) and/or the perfect light angle.

The only thing you can do as in the home aquarium to achieve similar true coloration is to feed high quality pellets and maybe infuse more carotenoids with the pellets and hope your fish's chromatophores are more light/gold yellow than bronze. Outside of that, once again, you'll have to go with a WTT kind of route which is temporary and will at most last 2 months if you change to a darker environment. However, even in a genetic luck out like in the image above, you can still see the deep rooted bronze at the top scales.
Not here to argue percieved colors about bronze vs gold in regards to undertone of base color influencing. The video is what I'm looking to achieve. If you want to call it bronze, sure thing, but I was pretty clear that that was what I was looking to achieve and replicate and what I wanted to use as a standard for replication.

I am not looking for a genetic anomaly 😊. I think that there has been a miscommunication here in regards to what I'd like to achieve but I was not going to sort jardini into:

Light bronze
Medium bronze
Dark bronze

That just seems redundant.

I do not care if I need to use lights to encourage a certain level of influence on its appearance. Thank you Hao Hao for providing recs in this regard.

Will keep this thread updated as I progress.

Further input is appreciated!

Reactions: Hao
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store