JD/Oscar hybrids?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah,was just kidding.I know there is no way those catfish pairings would take place outside of a laboratory...same goes for the Oscar and JD but if they did the resulting offspring would be uglier than blood red parrots lmao!

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Yeah,was just kidding.I know there is no way those catfish pairings would take place outside of a laboratory...same goes for the Oscar and JD but if they did the resulting offspring would be uglier than blood red parrots lmao!
Yea oscars are kinda homely looking, can't imagine anything attractive coming out of a hybrid with one

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas
How about that...bet no one ever thought a Red tailed catfish could be crossed with a Paroon shark...or a RTC with a Psudodoras niger.
You sure it wasn't asian red tail with a paroon cause that I would believe the only red tail paroon crosses that i've found pics of that with out a doubt of being photo shopped are with a asian red tails and I've heard of niger x redtails and redtailtiger x tiger shovel nose but both of those hybrids all share south american species and to take a central american cichlid and cross with a south american cichlid would still be pretty complicated in a laboratory

Sent from my SM-T210R using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas
Sorry didnt read on

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas
If your were to try anything to breed with a south american cichlid I would pick the convict since its aleady been done with a female convict and a male red ciebal

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
You sure it wasn't asian red tail with a paroon cause that I would believe the only red tail paroon crosses that i've found pics of that with out a doubt of being photo shopped are with a asian red tails and I've heard of niger x redtails and redtailtiger x tiger shovel nose but both of those hybrids all share south american species and to take a central american cichlid and cross with a south american cichlid would still be pretty complicated in a laboratory

It's already proven that South American RTC and Paroon can hybridizing but with a help.

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas
It's already proven that South American RTC and Paroon can hybridizing but with a help.
I've seen what your talking about and I'm sticking to my opinion there just isn't enough information out there to convince me otherwise there's nothing on what fish farms the came from the pic thats on deviant art has only four barbels and nearly every opinion I've read in the two threads that I have found are bias toward a guese from a lfs somewhere with a person running it that doesnt have clue about the business their in they just want cash in their pocket (theres one here) but the few opinions I have found that I agree with seem to know what their talking about majority isn't always right you know

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
I've seen what your talking about and I'm sticking to my opinion there just isn't enough information out there to convince me otherwise there's nothing on what fish farms the came from the pic thats on deviant art has only four barbels and nearly every opinion I've read in the two threads that I have found are bias toward a guese from a lfs somewhere with a person running it that doesnt have clue about the business their in they just want cash in their pocket (theres one here) but the few opinions I have found that I agree with seem to know what their talking about majority isn't always right you know

If you are talking about the picture with a paroon that is painted like RTC then you are mistaken. It's good thing is that your opinion is just an opinion ;)

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas
If you are talking about the picture with a paroon that is painted like RTC then you are mistaken. It's good thing is that your opinion is just an opinion ;)
Nope thats not what im talking about thats a pangasius x red tail catfish but a fake indeed like the flowerhorn colored like a cuban no this is what im talking about show me the spots which the south american red tail has but the asian red tail has not heres a link
http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/79394994

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store