Jebao pump OWNERS apply within!

Red_Man

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2010
Indiana
So for the members on here who have had good luck with the Jebao DC pumps, and are still running them, I have a few questions for you. The power supply that comes with them are they all the Shenzen brand? Does the power supply get warm or hot and at what setting are you running the pump? The one I had fry was a Shenzen and it was rated at 2.5 Amps and I was running my DCT4000 at 100%. I purchased another power supply that is rated at 5 Amps and have had it up and running again at 100%. My power supply gets toasty. Like your cell phone after a long battery draining phone call toasty. I know heat is a killer of all electronics and I'm trying to do my own "research" to see if I can get these power supplies to survive. My next step is to take apart the power supply and see if I can put it in an open enclosure and have a PC fan pushing air over the hot bits to see if it survives. The bit of research I've done so far has shown that these enclosed "laptop" style power supplies are not necessarily meant for continuous duty and the ones that are tested and guaranteed to do continuous duty are expensive. I'll stop dragging on now. Please post your findings below! :D

carbene

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2013
SF BA
one of my dct 15000 is running at 100% and it does get hot. when i was running it at speed 3, it was luke warm. i also so have a jebao wp60 and its powersupply also was hot when running a max speed. i lowered it to lowest speed now because i didnt like how the 480g looked like a whirlpool at max speed.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
My Wavelines have been running for 3&4 years with no issue. I know the design is the same, but maybe you are dealing with junk? Mine aren't warm, I just went and touched them. The stingy man usually pays more in the end.

Red_Man

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2010
Indiana
My Wavelines have been running for 3&4 years with no issue. I know the design is the same, but maybe you are dealing with junk? Mine aren't warm, I just went and touched them. The stingy man usually pays more in the end.
What Waveline model are you using and what are the specs of the power supplies they are running? Voltage they output & the rated amperage handling capability? The Jebao pumps seem top notch, the controller is nice but it is only a resistor with lights, the power supply they come with has bad reviews all over the web. eBay, Amazon, and a couple electronics stores that do or used to carry them and have product info still on the web site. If all it is is a power supply issue and I can find a power supply that can stand up to the abuse I will report my findings here as well as submit a letter to Jebao. If I can get two higher flowing less wattage pumps for the price of one from another brand I'm there like swimwear! I call it product testing, not being stingy BTW.

Reactions: Danh

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
Just checked my dct12000, slightly warm, 80% speed. But it sits on a brick on top of a concrete floor in my basement . It's like a big heatsink.

Red_Man

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2010
Indiana
Just checked my dct12000, slightly warm, 80% speed. But it sits on a brick on top of a concrete floor in my basement . It's like a big heatsink.
Any chance you could either post the specs of the power supply or shoot a quick photo of the spec sticker and post it? Thanks!

Red_Man

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2010
Indiana
monkeybike monkeybike
Thanks! Picture actually came out fine.

Red_Man

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2010
Indiana
Hey C carbene can I get you to post a pic of your power supply's spec sticker please? The DCT15000. Trying to get all the info I can. Thanks in advance! :D

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Jecod DCT 6000, two units and heat is insignificant. It might be worth noting mine also chill in my basement with cold floor etc. Power supply looked to be identical. Both 7/10 flow options.

image.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store