Just finished cleaning my 1,000 Gallon outdoor pond

Lambrakopoulos

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
USA
Just finished cleaning my 1,000 Gallon outdoor pond, I started at 5:00pm ended 1:05am, before & after pictures.

My Pond x1.JPG

My Pond, Night Time Just After I Cleaned It x1.JPG

Lambrakopoulos

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
USA
Bogwoodbruce;3136292; said:
Good work! What fish are in there :D
REDBELLY PACU 3
COMMON PLECOS 2
FLORIDA GAR 1
TIGER SHOVEL NOSE CATFISH 1
AMORED CATFISH 1
TINFOIL BARB 1
RED OSCAR 1
TIGER OSCAR 1
RED DEVIL CICHLID 1
GREEN TERROR 1
JAGUAR CICHLID 1
TEXAS CICHLID 1
FOUR-LINED PIMODELLA CATFISH 1
SENEGAL BICHIR 1
RHINO PLECO 1

And Tommorow i'm getting about 10 or 15 new fish FOR FREE!
I don't know how many of each i'm getting, but I know what type they are:
Jaugar Cichlids
Oscars
Peacock Bass
Midas Cichlids

Lambrakopoulos

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
USA
Atreyu;3136283; said:
WOW!! great job :clap

Somebody's really dedicated :eek:
You have NO CLUE HOW BAD IT WAS, algae every where!!! On the walls, floor, rocks, a few pots I have for the Cichlids. I had to brush so much! My arm still hurts.

Kolkri

Gambusia
MFK Member
Wow never thought of putting those type fish in a pond. Not much to look at from the top are they?
I mean goldfish are designed to look at from the top view but ......
How big are your plecos? Do you ever see them? How do you keep them warm enough in the winter?

Lambrakopoulos

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
USA
Kolkri;3136479; said:
Wow never thought of putting those type fish in a pond. Not much to look at from the top are they?
I mean goldfish are designed to look at from the top view but ......
How big are your plecos? Do you ever see them? How do you keep them warm enough in the winter?
If the water is clear you see them as easy as you would from a fish tank and as long as there is a little distance between you & the fish you will see their whole body, because if your to close your basically right on top of them.
I can see them during the day if there not hiding But I don't provide enough hiding places for everyone, because then you will never see your fish, but at night when my underwater lights turn on they are right at home swimming, sucking on the sides, feeding.
The two Common Plecos are both 8inchs and the Rhino Pleco is 7inchs.
Uuuuum well I live in Miami, Florida so it really doesn't get to cold the coldest it gets is about in the mid 40's, but warms up in the 70's during the day, and this is only lasts 1 to 2 months so they ride it out pretty well they slow down just like all fish do during the winter months which is normal, because to save energy. But they do just fine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store