Just got stingray to my tank and not eating anything since after, its been 5 days.

Yashdango

Feeder Fish
Nov 14, 2022
Hey guys
I am a newbie.
I got a moto stingray 4 inches , and its been 5 days since he has not eaten anything, i tried feeding them WA stingray sinking pallet, tetra bites, hikari mini pallets, live blood wormes & feeder fish.
He is inactive now and body looks shrinking as well.
Iam really very tensed.
Please help me, what can be done?
Please guide me.
I have sand in surface (river white sand)
WA number - +917700933339

DB43B7AB-38C8-4356-877E-35D2C011B540.jpeg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Just wait it out. Still might be trying to acclimate. Keep water clean and test regularly. Would try some ghost shrimp, live black worms or cut up earthworms.

Reactions: Gpdriftwood

Yashdango

Feeder Fish
Nov 14, 2022
He was feeding blood wormes and tank mates are arowana, bichir, geophagus, pleco and severum.

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
I'd personally keep that baby ray in a floating basket and feed it up that way without competition from the other greedy fish and so it saves its energy to grow
water quality would be my first concern. How is your water quality? If its not A+ as you want it for rays then that is where you should start. Do you do regular and big water changes especially with those big predators in your tank?

Rays are greedy pigs and in my experience feed straight away but they do need top water

Reactions: Gpdriftwood
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store