juvenile frontosas

urs4

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
central mass.
check the ph between your tank and where they came from.

going up is not usually a problem for most fish, but going down will not allow them to breath.

Steve

dragonfish70

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 1, 2012
San Diego

poppalina

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2010
Boston
Sorry I should have been more clear, Tropheus should not eat that type of food as they are herbivores , the blood worms and brine shrimp are fine for your Front and calvus/ comps. If there are Tropheus in the tank they are probably picking on the Fronts as they are far to aggressive and rambunctious and really should only be kept with other Tropheus.

poppalina

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2010
Boston
I would also buy a test kit and test the tank yourself, if it has only been up and running for a week or two the tank is probably not cycled, with the sand and holy rock the ph in your tank is some where around 8 which is where you want it but if there is ammonia present it is more toxic at higher ph's.

Aquatilium

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I would also buy a test kit and test the tank yourself, if it has only been up and running for a week or two the tank is probably not cycled, with the sand and holy rock the ph in your tank is some where around 8 which is where you want it but if there is ammonia present it is more toxic at higher ph's.
Yes as mentioned before a basic test kit is essential. What I find odd is that your Tropheus were not the fish to start dropping first since they are the most delicate to an uncycled tank. Tropheus are unforgiving and yet the OP say's theyre doing just fine eating blood worms and Brine shrimp and in an uncycled tank. They must be Super Tropheus. Just kidding. I would not keep any Tropheus with any other species because of their diets, and delicate nature. Tropheus are wonderful but anything out of the norm and they just start dropping.

I wouldn't add any other fish to that tank, cut back your feeding and do a 25-40% water change on it every few days and test those parameters until they are good before making any new addition to the tank.

Agreed the ammonia is brutal at higher PH levels.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store