keeping Illiegal fish...

Princley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
us
lol thanks nate i have that one to lot o sherching i was hopeing for just a list of fish ... i hate red tape
lol

Nate77

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2006
Manheim PA
yeah i didnt feel like seaching site either lol ..... thats the only site i can find that looked like it had info on it

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
There are some really cool fish out there that just also happen to be illegal to keep. Not all are voracious killers, but all do cause havac when out of their native habitat. I would love to have a large snakehead or 3 in my outdoor tank,,, but the security of keeping them there is too difficult. Hawks/cranes/racoons/cats/dogs/floods have all distributed a variety of fauna that we thought were safe and sound. The fish farms here in Florida are responsible for so many unintensioned releases of non-native species because of flooding of outdoor ponds that have no means of secondary entrapment. Most times its just not posible, a pond dug into flat land and then flooded, hhmmm. Now if I had a basement tank with a radioactive bleach mote around it. Ah, who am I kidding Ive probably had more illegal fish over the years than most people on this board... BUT I did take precautions, kept them indoors and never had a release. Also almost all were caught in the wild locally.
Now what to do about the BOA CONSTRICTORS , their going after our precious alligators... ;)

predatorpassion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
you mean burmese pythons.... don't worry they are not naturally crocodilian eaters... they will be eaten by alligators.... yes I saw the article of the blown up python with gator... the gator was already dead..... :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store