Keeping monster fish or keeping your wife/girl?

Rusty Gilbert

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
Staten Island, New York
That would be tough usually the girls i date think the fish are cool not knowing what it takes to maintain them.

But like someone above me said she should respect your hobbies bc now she is getting controlling and takng away something you love

Noddy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2008
Ede-Holland
Well, my wife can take care of herself and my fish can't, so....

But thats actually my wifes words and not mine, so I'm blessed.
She only asked for a new couch when I upgrade to my 10' Monstertank.
That's not too bad, eh?
But if your wife/gf tells you to choose between your hobby and her, that's not gonna be the last of it.

k0y0te

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2009
Florida
www.myspace.com

JL

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
Warm waters
Honestly I don't know. To give up lovin on the regular for my fish seems SUPER wierd.

Bro: What ever happened to that honey you were dating? She was kinda fine.

Me: She told me it was her or my fish so I dumped her.

Bro: So.............. you gave up a fine girl for fish?

Me: Pretty much but my fish are super dope.

Bro: Well, I have't seen you in a while, what you been doing?

Me: Water changes and ........................ lots of internet lovin. :(

Bro: :screwy:
Bro: :ROFL:

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
I gave up my fish for almost 3 years for a GUY... yeah.. Biggest mistake I've ever made. If You can't be true to yourself, then being with someone who won't let you be yourself = fail at life.... If I was ever given that ultimatum again.. I'de say see ya honey. And not even blink twice. They don't have to be as crazy as you are about your fish, or even fish in general. But they should support your hobby. And of course you should support theirs. ;) An ultimatum like that is just a symptom of something way more off whack in a relationship, at least in my experiance.

chloe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
portsmouth/southampton/crawley, UK
haha this old chesnut.

my other half hates my snakes....they rnt going and neither is she....quite simple.
she respects i love my snakes and i love her.
i have the respect that i dont wave them infront of her or get them out while she is around as it keeps her mind at rest if they r locked up in their vivs.

given a choice of any of my pets let alone fish or snakes.....think it would be my pets i keep. i dont get animals to sell on, when they r with me they r with me for life.

if someone gives me a choice between them they arnt meant for me.

Musha

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 30, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Dump the chick... Unsupportive ass females these days. Be with someone that supports you and whatever you do.

Aqualoon

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
Minnesota
It's actually much harder for us women...last guy I dated didn't really "get" this hobby.

Now I'm looking for a guy who can do a DIY 1000 gallon tank :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store