LA fish shops

Oddballs

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2014
United States
I'm headed down in the beginning of March to work the Fred hall show at the long beach convention center. Would anyone have any recommendations for fish shops in the area. I've been to Tom's tropical fish and the Tom's in DT LA slightly sketchy on the later. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
I was wondering the same thing since I just recently moved here but haven't set anything up. I was browsing online and there's a shop called Dragon Aquarium that, according to the reviews, is the place to go for freshwater preds. They're supposedly cheaper than most lfs and the owner has been in the business for over 40 years according to the reviews. I still haven't checked it out myself though.

blacktip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Cali
I'm not sure where their prices rank, but Total Fish & Pets in Alhambra always has a good selection of monsters.

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
tom's in long beach, ck fish world in azusa, total fish & pets, p&p aquarium,
A+ aquarium which is frank's new shop, south bay aquarium in gardena, lax
aquarium by near lax airport, tiki's in bellflower, cali's tropical in garden grove,
a & p in long beach, tong's in la (the 1 u went to in the ghetto), tong's in the
valley, seaside tropical in huntington beach and etc etc... i can go on... but ill
stop here lol...

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
aquarium by near lax airport, tiki's in bellflower, cali's tropical in garden grove,
a & p in long beach, tong's in la (the 1 u went to in the ghetto), tong's in the
valley, seaside tropical in huntington beach and etc etc... i can go on... but ill
stop here lol...
Do you know which one tends to have a good selection of CA/SA cichlids? Like where would I go if I was looking for a carpintis Escondido, umbee, rokteil severum, etc?

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I just want to point out that Tong's and Seaside are specialty in Saltwater (corals and fishes), their freshwater selection is meh but Tong's sometime do have an oddball, rare species but cost you an arm and legs to for it :)

Oddballs

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2014
United States
stop here lol...
Thank you for the response seems they are quite a few I will have to visit. My buddy is looking for cichlid type fish while I'm looking for datnoids,fire eels an other predator fish.

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
Do you know which one tends to have a good selection of CA/SA cichlids? Like where would I go if I was looking for a carpintis Escondido, umbee, rokteil severum, etc?
all the stores are pretty much the same. if you want nice quality
umbees or cichlids hit up UMBEEKING UMBEEKING

Thank you for the response seems they are quite a few I will have to visit. My buddy is looking for cichlid type fish while I'm looking for datnoids,fire eels an other predator fish.
tom's in long beach has a decent selection. dats, atf, tigs, artc & etc etc...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store