MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
1500 gallons...........AND NO MONSTER FISH? WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!?! BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!

Lol jk but really nice tanks

Yeah, I like small schooling fish but I'm starting to get bigger fish slowly. There are two 10 inch cichlids in there that are not even 6 months old.. I expect them to get pretty big. The previous biggest fish was the silver dollars, one is around 8 inches.. took her 6 years to get there.

But I'll never get a big fish that will eat all the cool smaller schooling fish. The schools are just too cool.

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
What would be the minimum size for such a sub forum?
I dunno, but I was thinkin' something a bit bigger than Ecoli's desktop tank- lol. Maybe his 300G would qualify as the minimum? I asked a Mod a while back and he said he would present the idea at their next board meeting, but doesn't seem like it caught any traction.

Yeah, I like small schooling fish but I'm starting to get bigger fish slowly. There are two 10 inch cichlids in there that are not even 6 months old.. I expect them to get pretty big. The previous biggest fish was the silver dollars, one is around 8 inches.. took her 6 years to get there.

But I'll never get a big fish that will eat all the cool smaller schooling fish. The schools are just too cool.
I agree with you 100%. I like your stock. It's nice to see a huge tank with smaller fish...IMO, so much nicer than cramming the hugest growing fish you can find into it.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah,three hundred sounds like a good minimum tank size.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
I dunno, but I was thinkin' something a bit bigger than Ecoli's desktop tank- lol. Maybe his 300G would qualify as the minimum? I asked a Mod a while back and he said he would present the idea at their next board meeting, but doesn't seem like it caught any traction.
maybe because the last meeting ended up with Li drunk and pass out in the toilet ...

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
I agree with Spiff and Aldiaz, little fish in big tanks are awesome! I enjoy watching my 2000L tank far more with the tetras, cories, angels etc than when it was just the arowana and a couple of cichlids. So does my dog...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store