Largemouth bass taking?

gazelle

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2009
USA
how much? i swung by today and all the little fishies by the shore r lm bass babies about 1.5 inches long. I used a line and dangled it with hot dog and caught 2 in a few minutes, i released them cus i didnt have a bucket or anything but theyd make good feeders =D

fisher12889

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Colorado
Not only can you get a fine, you can lose your hunting and fishing privileges in your state as well as others. Also, you would have to worry about other fishermen calling you in or better yet, taking matters into their own hands. Some people are very protective of their favorite fishin' hole. They make the regulations for a reason, to protect our fisheries. Please obey them.

fromthelbc

Feeder Fish
May 18, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
its illegal in california to take an undersized fish out of its habitat alive... even though ive taken tons before, i dont think i will again...

oscarcrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2008
Houston, TX/Juneau, AK
Look into your regs for your state and area. Please don't go out and break the law. The law breakers are the ones that actually make the laws more harsh for everybody else. Don't weigh your options by how much a fine might be. Trust me it is not worth it. That fish and game violation may even go on your record causing you issues in the future.

Also, back to your friend saying that you can't keep bass at all because it is a game fish makes no sense. Game fish are fish that are normally taken for consuption, hence the name "game fish." In some states some speices of game fish are protected are protected because of low numbers. All "game fish" will have either size limits or bag limits or both in all states. Just look up the rules, if you need clarification call a warden.

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
Sounds like your friend is like me and doesnt want anybody keeping fish(LMB). IDK about other states but here in NJ if everyone was to put the bass back, fishing for them would be WAY easier!! I feel so strong about putting the bass back cause I have seen first hand how the bucket butts have KILLED certain lakes.

In 2003 they stocked alot of are lakes around here. The ones that get alot of shoreline pressure bass fishing has fell off very badly. I seen a lake called "Colonial lake" go from excellent fishing in 04 and now in 2k10 youll be happy if you get a 15"er.

gazelle

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2009
USA
cichlid fiend;4149637; said:
Sounds like your friend is like me and doesnt want anybody keeping fish(LMB). IDK about other states but here in NJ if everyone was to put the bass back, fishing for them would be WAY easier!! I feel so strong about putting the bass back cause I have seen first hand how the bucket butts have KILLED certain lakes.

In 2003 they stocked alot of are lakes around here. The ones that get alot of shoreline pressure bass fishing has fell off very badly. I seen a lake called "Colonial lake" go from excellent fishing in 04 and now in 2k10 youll be happy if you get a 15"er.
id be happy with a 15"incher

actually id be happy with like a 6 incher cus fishings fun as it is

too bad depending on lake sthey either have to be 12 or 15 inches to let u take them:cry:

troubleshootn

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
valdese nc
If you can eat em you can keep em. Thats the first rule country wide. Second rule is size requirements. Third rule location, you may or may not get shot. The fourth rule is dont pass gas in an elevator.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store