Largest Planted Aquascape by Amano

Garrett.turbo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Canton Ohio
I'm not normally one to get all excited about planted tanks but dayyyyum... That is awesome! I think they should of put a couple alligator gar in it though would be sweet to see them stalking through all that aquascape

Reactions: Fat Homer

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Mfk staff should create a 'love' button just for this thread, I just hit the 'like' button, but 'like' just doesn't cover it.. :D watching end result again, I'm in love!

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
It was one of the last projects before his death. Great piece of art.
Yeah, such a shame someone with such an amazing vision passed away so early... Just imagine what other largescale artworks he could have still produced had he had the time...

Infact i wonder if there were any other large scale projects that were in the pipelines before his departparture, and if so, would they still be completed by his team of artisians???

will also be interesting to see who the next talented Aquascape Master is to step up to the plate???

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
will also be interesting to see who the next talented Aquascape Master is to step up to the plate???
Hopefully their as creative and talented as Mr Amano, whomever they might be.. :)

Also, convict360 said something about it earlier but got no answer, does anyone know if this is still set up? And where it is? And how much they charge for entry? And how many hours a day I can stare at it before I get kicked out? :D

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
convict360 convict360 - To answer your question, i went looking on their official website, and i'm sad to say it seems like it was only ever destined to be a temporary exhibition, i guess mainly due to the fact that you would almost need someone like Amano's team just to help maintain the tank long term...

Anyway, here is the info on the Exhibition for anyone interested...

http://www.oceanario.pt/en/news/oceanario-de-lisboa-presents-forests-underwater-by-takashi-amano

8DiagramPoleFighter

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2015
NOLA
He absolutely used the littlest fish that he could find. lol. That tank is something to behold.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I just can't stop watching this! I've showed almost everyone I know, plus a few people I don't... It's magnificent!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store