Latest catches.

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
congrats on all the amazing catches, I'd love to wake up every morning grab some coffe, and go out fishing for Pbass, Would be a blast.

Cant wait till next year

~ Matt

The TRUST

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2005
Miami, FL
JuanTamad;1217380; said:
Finally landed and fulfilled my wish for fishing success in 2007. Got # 31 and it's on the board in the PB section. Plus I managed to catch these two to boot. Final count for 2007 in 153.

That's it folks I'm done for PB fishing for 2007. Let them grow so I may catch 50 monster sized PB and 200 total next year.

:mwave::mwave::mwave:

Why stop at 153? Is that a special number? Since you're done with Pbass this year you can try for those pacus!

JuanTamad

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, Fl
Just when I thought I was done, they make me catch them again.:D

Been trying to to avoid fishing. Just walking around and running around the lake this month. On my rounds I've been noticing these two monster sized PB hanging around some fallen tree branches in the lake near shore. As best as I could see, there were no eggs or fries anywhere nearby, so I just left them alone since Monday of last week. This morning I went around the trails with the wife on bikes. I stopped by the corner where I've been seeing them the last week or so. There they were, swimming in and out the branches. Went back after lunch and started casting for them. Caught two in about five minutes and was disappointed that they were only 15 and 13 inches. When I looked back into the water, the monster pair was still there and there were 3 inch fries swimming with them in and out of the branches. Hooked one but it got off and couldn't get the other to bite until they disappeared into the depths of the lake. Here's the two that obliged. They're # 157 and # 158 for 2007:)

MonsterPB2007-523.JPG

MonsterPB2007-524.JPG

MonsterPB2007-323.JPG

MonsterPB2007-324.JPG

JuanTamad

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, Fl
midnight;1304132; said:
nice catches,why didnt ya get the babies?lol
Didn't know they would be there and did not have the gear to get them. All I had was a medium heavy combo rod/reel expecting to catch monster sized fish, a fish basket, and a 3 gallon bucket. Besides I still have a few hundred fries in my tanks left over from the eggs I found on a stick last Summer.:)

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
i thought you said you didn't fish during the winter!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store