LEO, FLOWER, HYSTRIX & OTHERS

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
SpeshulEd;4323895; said:
How's your tig? Is he a big eater? I have no experience with them, but know my TSN is a pig. He's now in the pond, but when I had him with my rays I always had to overfeed to make sure the rays got their fill.

I would love one, but am not sure if I should get one if they're aggressive eaters.

the tig is between 19-20", he is a big eater, eats anything. His diet is mostly hikari pellets of all kinds. They are not like tsn's but they can take down tankmates if they will fit into there mouth.

If you get one it will be a centerpiece :)

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Everything looks great Keep, as usual with quality pics.

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
keepinfish;4326209; said:
the tig is between 19-20", he is a big eater, eats anything. His diet is mostly hikari pellets of all kinds. They are not like tsn's but they can take down tankmates if they will fit into there mouth.

If you get one it will be a centerpiece :)
Hmm, thanks for the info. I'm still undecided. It would be nice to have one though.

They have one at the lfs and want $1k for it. Hehe, that store is friggin ridiculous!

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
keepinfish;4320339; said:
you still have her... i saw your thread and thought you sold her... You can see on my big motoro's tail she has some huge ones that look as if they are going to explode... They may do the same.

See the claspers on my little male hystrix... he is about there :) @ 7". The female hystrix with the dentilces is over 10" and i think mature too.... matter of time, i hope

Was wondering how big they are. Looking great!

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Not yet- they've hardly grown. I have some pictures, but they aren't too good. Will post some soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store