leo price

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
i honestly think it has to be a difference in water, or like Spotfin is saying inacurate test kits.

BTW my test kit is only a few months old.

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
DB junkie;3853016; said:
That's very impressive! Hard to believe there's not something special, a trick, or a secret. Common reaction is disbelief when a single person gets so much different results then the masses while using the same tools.

Some believe in magic, some think there's more to it then that.

i am not sure it is a single person....... :confused:

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
It would be nice to talk to a few others keeping several decent sized rays in low nitrate water that only do once a week waterchanges. Maybe we can pinpoint where the "good" water is and where the "bad" is. Maybe It's the winter? If it doesn't get all cold and snowy then you can get by doing weekly waterchanges?

:)

Then again like said earlier... Maybe it's just me and no one else struggles to keep nitrates down. It may just be my poor filter design...

I'd love to hear from other keepers regarding their WC regimen and nitrate #s.

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
sometime i will take a picture of my sump... you will laugh.. It is all homemade... and cheesey.

Maybe i will start a new thread, so it will get more attention, so we can see others waterchange schedule and nitrate readings...and even location

wg666666

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2009
Philly
I work for a regional water company and work in supply and quality issues......the water with the most potential for nitrates occurs in areas near farming due to obvious manure practices, and in my opinion, groundwater (wells) that are more susceptable to nitrate contamination then surface water......I have public water from a surface source (creek) and have no trouble with nitrates doing weekly 25-30% water changes in my tanks.....

Hope that helps!

DB junkie;3853474; said:
It would be nice to talk to a few others keeping several decent sized rays in low nitrate water that only do once a week waterchanges. Maybe we can pinpoint where the "good" water is and where the "bad" is. Maybe It's the winter? If it doesn't get all cold and snowy then you can get by doing weekly waterchanges?

:)

Then again like said earlier... Maybe it's just me and no one else struggles to keep nitrates down. It may just be my poor filter design...

I'd love to hear from other keepers regarding their WC regimen and nitrate #s.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
spotfin;3852439; said:
I tested my nitrate the other day with 2 test kits, both made by API and the same as pictured above. One kit is older and almost out of reagent while the other I recently purchased. There was about a 20 ppm difference between the 2 kits. The new kit was reading much lower than the older kit. Makes me wonder how accurate this brand is.

Sbuse, any more word on the leo price?
i have an older kit that is the same results as the new kit at the lfs...i had them test my water to check my tests...

i didn't persue it as i don't have the tank ready for them and i don't get fish that i am not plannig for...i will wait till i am in my house t get them so i have the space to upgrade as they would need it...i just sold my tsns for simmilar reason...my house plans fell through so i can't have the big pond yet...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store