Leopard Ctenopoma Tank / Tankmates

TheNewBreed83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2018
Good evening all,

I'm considering buying a 100cm long, 200L aquarium and I'm thinking about what I'd like to put in it. I really like the idea of a predator tank, and i've done some research to get some ideas as to what i could keep in it.

From your knowledge/experience would i be about to keep a pair of leopard ctenopoma, a Senegal Bichir, a pair of bristlenose plecs, and a rainbow shark? Are they compatible, and is that tank a sufficient size for them?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Good evening all,

I'm considering buying a 100cm long, 200L aquarium and I'm thinking about what I'd like to put in it. I really like the idea of a predator tank, and i've done some research to get some ideas as to what i could keep in it.

From your knowledge/experience would i be about to keep a pair of leopard ctenopoma, a Senegal Bichir, a pair of bristlenose plecs, and a rainbow shark? Are they compatible, and is that tank a sufficient size for them?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Welcome aboard

I personally would not add the Rainbow Shark and yes the others are compatible imo. Just keep in mind that the Ctenopoma, Senegal and Bristlenose must be equal in size.

Reactions: kno4te

TheNewBreed83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2018
Welcome aboard

I personally would not add the Rainbow Shark and yes the others are compatible imo. Just keep in mind that the Ctenopoma, Senegal and Bristlenose must be equal in size.
Thanks a lot

I had a feeling the rainbow might be the one that caused the issues, I've read conflicting information on them in terms of tank size requirements and compatibility.

If I put the others in at around the same size would i encounter problems due to different growth rates? Or should they all grow at a roughly equivalent rate and stay safe?

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Thanks a lot

I had a feeling the rainbow might be the one that caused the issues, I've read conflicting information on them in terms of tank size requirements and compatibility.

If I put the others in at around the same size would i encounter problems due to different growth rates? Or should they all grow at a roughly equivalent rate and stay safe?
Would make sure the ancistrus pleco is large and the bush fish are bigger than the Senegalus. Can always wait and get the polypterus later.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store