Let the new project begin

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
Did my first test run on the new tank today. All went well! I'm on vacation til after the new year, so hoping to get it in the house in the next week or so.20151224_112753.jpg

Reactions: DN328

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
While I'm at it, I'll add a review of my purchase...

Overall I'm less than completely impressed with Glass Cages. First, I was continually told my tank should ship "in the next couple days". Heard that three times, and three weeks later after the first time I heard that it finally shipped. Secondly, the silicone is a bit sloppy. Also, they didn't send the bulkheads with the shipment. I had to call them to get the bulkheads I ordered with the tank. And last, the hole in the top of the stand is misaligned with the bulkheads in the tank. I have to trim out the hole in the stand to get the tank to sit right in the stand. The stand and tank are most likely over built, but the lack of attention to detail kinda sucks. If I was to buy another new set up, I think I'd look elsewhere.

carbene

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2013
SF BA
that's poor business practice. you should get more clown loach, can never have too many of them :D

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Cool update. How's the Herbie style drain working out in terms of balance with your return pump? It should be fairly quiet, right?

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
Cool update. How's the Herbie style drain working out in terms of balance with your return pump? It should be fairly quiet, right?
I'm already glad I went with the herbie style overflow. It is really quiet. I think once I put the lids on the tank, and the doors on the stand, the set up will be virtually silent. I had everything running real smooth, then put the acrylic overflow cover on. That became a bottleneck and caused the pump to suck air. Think I'm gonna have to knock a tooth out of the overflow cover. Going to have to tinker with it later. The wife wants me to participate in Christmas festivities rather than playing with my tank for some reason... lol

Reactions: boldtogether

boldtogether

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2008
chino hills, california
I'm already glad I went with the herbie style overflow. It is really quiet. I think once I put the lids on the tank, and the doors on the stand, the set up will be virtually silent. I had everything running real smooth, then put the acrylic overflow cover on. That became a bottleneck and caused the pump to suck air. Think I'm gonna have to knock a tooth out of the overflow cover. Going to have to tinker with it later. The wife wants me to participate in Christmas festivities rather than playing with my tank for some reason... lol

Pesky family responsibilities......

Reactions: slippery slimecoat

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
The smartphone is your friend for quick peeks...LOL

BTW, did you mean overflow cover or the weir/wall? Curious how the cover limited flow.

Killing time before Santa duties hohoho...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store