Lets See Those BLACK DIAMONDS!

TriciaT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2010
No Where
I'll play:)Now He is a special guy to me he is BD/Hen or Leo /Hen However you would like to say it anyway his Daddy is a speciman as is momma ..I love his marking hope you do to :DDisc 6.5 to 7......He is not pure BD but spotting is pure Heaven to me Trev!!!
Beautiful Ray ED, looking at this hybrid kinda makes you wonder about a lot of the Large spot BDs you see around the last couple of years.;)

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Wow. Amazing specimens being shared here.

Hers my 8 inch female F1.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

STINGRAYED

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2012
us
Beautiful Ray ED, looking at this hybrid kinda makes you wonder about a lot of the Large spot BDs you see around the last couple of years.;)
My thoughts Exactly I am not an Expert with Ray genetics but would be willing to bet these Large spot Bds have some Hen in them for sure:)Oh and thank you by the way!!

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
My thoughts Exactly I am not an Expert with Ray genetics but would be willing to bet these Large spot Bds have some Hen in them for sure:)Oh and thank you by the way!!
I dont think they do. Once you start mixing hen with leos you start getting very random patterns. Plus they would have long skinny tails and not the reg leo paddle tail

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I dont think they do. Once you start mixing hen with leos you start getting very random patterns. Plus they would have long skinny tails and not the reg leo paddle tail

So IF they have a paddle tail that means they're pure?

TriciaT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2010
No Where

Not necessarily true. They can just introduce a large spot Hen get the desired offspring they choose throwing out the rays with the undesired traits. Doing this with multiple bloodline groups. Then breeding back to high quality BD. Might take a generation or two, eventually the desired traits will likely be repeated. Sure you will get some throw backs or Hen traits pop up occasionally but you just sell them for what they are. There is no guarantee that a leo/Hen or BD/Hen is going to have a long thin tail. Its just as likely to have a short tail with a paddle.

I just checked EDs prior post on his Leo/Hen, it appears to have a paddle tail.

Reactions: SHARK13

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
it does seem to me when you mix henlei with leo's the henlei traits are pretty strong! some rays may not show as much as others.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
Not necessarily true. They can just introduce a large spot Hen get the desired offspring they choose throwing out the rays with the undesired traits. Doing this with multiple bloodline groups. Then breeding back to high quality BD. Might take a generation or two, eventually the desired traits will likely be repeated. Sure you will get some throw backs or Hen traits pop up occasionally but you just sell them for what they are. There is no guarantee that a leo/Hen or BD/Hen is going to have a long thin tail. Its just as likely to have a short tail with a paddle.

I just checked EDs prior post on his Leo/Hen, it appears to have a paddle tail.
I guess you are right... It could be happening. I hope that breeders are being honest

Always a good idea to get parent pics when buying such a high dollar fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store