LFS: USA & CAN

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Went to Indianapolis over the holidays.
Visited The Reef (Aquarium store). I am familiar with a number of stores in NJ, DE, PA, NJ, DE, MD, MA and RI, and this is among the best.
I was very impressed with their Freshwater, Marine, Plants and dry goods sections, and their competitive prices. Very diverse, excellent health, well staffed with knowledgeable people. Among others, I have never seen anywhere a better supply of driftwood pieces of every size up to large pond dimensions. Unfortunately they mostly don't ship livestock.

Something Fishy Here

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2022
I visited the reff several years ago, (maybe 6 or 7) . It was a great store then, just passing through though, couldn't get any livestock. Aquarium World in Lafayette In is a great shop too, very knowledgable staff and great selection!

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I think we should post our favorite lfs name and location so that anyone near by can check out a new lfs in their area, or maybe when traveling to visit some really nice fish stores that other members might enjoy. If this is against any rules in this form I apologize.:headbang2
The ocean floor in Phoenix is very good
Southwest Reef company in Albuquerque is also good if you’re into salt

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
My go to stores are both down in north richmond-40 minute drive. Azalea Aquarium for fresh livestock and Tiki Coral for marine equipment and supply.

The last standout LFS I can remember visiting was Aquatic Creations Ltd in Frederick MD. There are a slew of LFS in frederick and this is the coolest. Oddly, It seems the owner-operator catches a lot of heat on Google reviews for being haughty or grumpy but I experienced nothing of the sort. We chatted for close to half an hour about suppliers and tanks, and he actually had a lot of helpful insight on some problems i had with my tank at the time. On the pricy side, but I can't remember being more impressed with livestock at an LFS. Clean, good sized tanks on display and more gear than I could look through in an hour. Definitely worth the stop if you're in the area.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store