life jackets

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
One other exercise to try is floating. The key to floating is maximizing your surface area, so float on your stomach with arms and legs spread out and take a deep breath and practice floating. Also have by taking a deep breath you are putting air in your lungs that will keep you higher in the water. Once you are comfortable floating, then practice some strokes.
mikie1011 mikie1011

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Around here, it's the law to wear a life vest if you are being towed behind the boat. On our boat, anyone 12 and under must wear a life vest at all times.

Even our cats have life vests if they are going surfing or wake boarding. Here they are trying on their vests.

Buddy Boy is wearing his vest.

Their predecessor had a life vest too.

Last edited:

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Around here, it's the law to wear a life vest if you are being towed behind the boat. On our boat, anyone 12 and under must wear a life vest at all times.

Even our cats have life vests if they are going surfing or wake boarding. Here they are trying on their vests.

Their predecessor had a life vest too.
Every time you post photos of your cats in their life vest's, my heart melts. :D

Reactions: mikie1011

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
I love the pics of the cats but seeing them makes me miss NorCal. (I'm born/raised Hawaii but college in NorCal and lots of good memories)
pacu mom pacu mom

Reactions: pacu mom

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Our cats are excellent swimmers and only wear vests for surfing/wakeboarding.

I bet they looked great after climbing out of the water. :D I wish I'd trained my cats to like the water more.. :(

Reactions: mikie1011

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
This thread reminded me that we some some new life vests that need to get on the boat....I just took them out of a closet.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
I love the pics of the cats but seeing them makes me miss NorCal. (I'm born/raised Hawaii but college in NorCal and lots of good memories)
pacu mom pacu mom
My whole family was born in Hawaii. We moved to California in 1953. Most of my relatives still live in Hawaii.

Reactions: Wailua Boy
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store