Lince and phantom RTC with stingrays pros and cons?

M3AN ONE

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
Long Island
As the title states what are the pros and cons to keeping a Lince and Phantomn RTC with stingrays. Im planning on getting some stingrays 2 about 12 inches and 2 6-8 inch each the lince is about 20 inches and the phantom RTC 2.5 inch . I have a grow out 36x36x13 that the RTC and pups can go in and a 500 gallon main tank for the lince and larger rays. I am concerned after doing research that the catfish will out compete the rays for food. My goal is to breed the rays eventually so naturally I would want them to put on some size as quick as possible. Is this a bad idea? I figure the only way to make sure the rays are putting on size will be to over feed the tank which I can adjust for by doing more water changes. Naturally I will probably be spending twice is much on food because the catfish are hogs. I really want the catfishes but for my end goal is the juice worth the squeeze? I have heard of ppl hand feeding stingrays when dealing with greedy catfish but not sure if I have another option.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Do some research - you'll find most keepers with a soul end up feeling bad for keeping a Lince in a water box that they thought was big enough.......

While they might not get all that "BIG" I'd argue they need more room then about anything out there pound for pound.

Reactions: M3AN ONE

05spurky

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2013
Cherry Valley, IL
I had a lince a few years ago. The lince ate a lot, and as a result, I had to keep him away from rays when feeding. I do not suggest more than 1 in your 500 gallon.

05spurky

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2013
Cherry Valley, IL

05spurky

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2013
Cherry Valley, IL
love how active they are
They never stop swimming, and bc of this, they tend to stress other fish if the tank is over stocked.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
love how active they are
Me too.

That's why the one I had was moved out of a 10x4 750 that he paced relentlessly to a 2K+ gallon pond.

These fish need room.

Few thousand gallons minimum in my opinion.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store