Lionfish Freshwater

HugeGhost

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2006
California
Well he died the first night. I got a hold on the other at my lfs! This time i am going to put salt! Do i add sea salt or regular salt in a higher dose. I always wanted a school of Archers so this would be my chance.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
davo;568638;568638 said:
well there are freshwater and brackish water. the most common i guess is the three spined toadfish, which is brackish. you could try find some brackish datnoid sp. or big archers etc. i would def add some salt smartish. BGK is a freshwater fish. just so you know, you cant turn a species into a different type of water, no matter how long you adjust the conditions.
With a few exceptions like Mollies that go from salt to fresh.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
WyldFya;572905; said:
With a few exceptions like Mollies that go from salt to fresh.
not exactly the same thing... thats their natural range. and other fish that breed in different areas and live in others etc... not me trying to change their conditions...
mollies do brackish not salt

Teagu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2006
England
i have a 6ince 1 and i have it with high amout of brakish and feed him live food

( yours looks very nice looking as well)

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
Stonefish need some salt, I had one in my brackish tank and if you have curious fish like puffers, the stones are not going to do well. Mine was pestered to death by my puffers. They have huge mouths and can eat what ever swims ahead of the. Also, mollies can go from full fresh to full salt, they were used to cycle salt tanks and like to scrape algae. One of my mollies was eaten by my stonefish. If you get a stone, make sure you have lots of hiding places for it and do not put in small fish such as killies, mollies, or similar sized fish. Also, do not put it in with fish that will bother it all the time!

justin

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
FL
I catch ones that look like that in florida but about a foot long. They are in full salt/brackish. We call them toad fish.

HugeGhost

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2006
California
Lionfish can anybody tell me how much salt maybe by tablespoon per gallon to add to his tank, i am getting this kind of lionfish sunday! I read this can be total freshwater but the first one died so is this the brakish one?

HPIM0637.jpg

filiportela

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2005
portugal
very nice fish i have 3:headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store