Little video of my African Cichlid tank.

CHUFF

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Virginia
I cant figure out how to embed it to view on mfk instead of getting sent to youtube..

markstrimaran

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
iowa
Looks nice, Question? Mostly males. It appears you have a female peacock of the firefish, strawberry type. If so does it produce fry.

Asking since I have two firefish females. My wife likes pink and I was hoping it would keep my male to female ratio in good order.
So far they have been holding eggs for a week, but no fry. The yellow lab and blue pseudo elongatus males don't pay much attention to them. Thier both still less than 2".

CHUFF

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Virginia
There is a smaller orange one that has held eggs 2 different times. I have 3 (that ive seen) little free swimmers hiding out. I havent seen the strawberry peacock hold eggs.

markstrimaran

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
iowa
I have had African cichlids a few months. With all the talk about "hybridization" they would readly reproduce with any male. Mine don't seam interested.

punman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2016
Fish look happy. Do they all get along with each other?

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
Yes males will spawn with any available female, so unless there are multiple females for each species the two peacock females will be very popular and may not feel or be safe. See how things are going after a year or two.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store