LMB EATING FREEZE DRIED KRILL

rodgerpidactor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2007
earth
Well I have been unsuccessful so far on getting my LMB to eat pellets of any kind. He currently eats feeder fish, ghost shrimp, salamanders(from my backyard), worms, and just recently started eating krill. Also I give him the occasional frog or tadpole. The question is will a diet of just mainly freeze dried krill be healthy or should I keep up with the mixture of different foods?

bassmaster221

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
long branch, nj
i would continue to keep him on that diet of mixed stuff, mine eats crayfish, feeders, tadpoles, and freeze dried krill and he has very nice coloring and is so healthy

Rockbass6

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2007
Lake Erie
Bass seem to be hard, well at least from my experience to get to eat pellets. They seem to prefer more freshly killed or at least frozen foods. Keep a nice mix of foods they should except some of the cheap fish filet from your local grocery store. I would feed him a mix of that and earthworms. Maybe krill you could keep trying but I don't think he will eat the freeze dried. He should eat frozen though.

rodgerpidactor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2007
earth
Mine too he doesn't even f*cking touch crickets and they move but for some reason he eats freeze dried krill. It says all over the container that krill is healthy and good for colors and everything. Although it does say to mix in with regular fishes diet. Who knows I think this may be the middle step between live and non moving foods maybe after krill he will hit pellets wish me luck.:headbang2

two_amen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
MD, USA
Mix the jumbo krill and floating food sticks together in the same zippy for a week or so and then try that combo. I have all my LMB sucking them down. BUT I still can't get the crappies in the same pond to eat the food stick or any type of pellet food....

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
hmmm i must have got lucky, my lmb eats anything from flakes to pellets...shrimp, silversides. I have had him since he was 2-3" now he is aobut 8-9"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store