Loach blog!

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I posted some great articles on the blog, feel free to post any you have and I will add them.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
New entry is up, and Summer means more free time!

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
Looking for information on salt sensitivity and CL's, tried searching too general a topic brings up too many threads.

I just added 1 tps per 10 gallons as preventative measure....too much?, too little? I saw some scratching / darting on the substrate from a couple of loaches, however I was unable to see any external reason on the fish???:popcorn:

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Mr Pleco;1876843; said:
Looking for information on salt sensitivity and CL's, tried searching too general a topic brings up too many threads.

I just added 1 tps per 10 gallons as preventative measure....too much?, too little? I saw some scratching / darting on the substrate from a couple of loaches, however I was unable to see any external reason on the fish???:popcorn:
Mr Pleco, did you dissolve the salt before you add it? Salt grains can burn their skin as they have no scales to protect them. Is the scratching a very frequent occurrence? There are several causes to this mostly by skin flukes and protozoans. An occasional scratching is not an issue however frequent habit is something you should look into.

If you mean teaspoon, it's not too much. I used a tablespoon per 5g myself for the loaches when they had ich. Always dissolve salt first before you add it if you own bottom dwellers.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Latest post is up. Keeping the water parameters in check with a big shoal.

JD_MAN

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
Indy Anna
Great entry wurm. Hopefully, people on MFK are still keeping clown loaches. It's been a little slow lately.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store