Look at my wood

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
I just read on wikipedia that "soda" was first used in 1802, and the name came from the carbonates of sodium used to provide carbonation. "Pop" is an onomatopoeia (from opening a carbonated drink) that first showed up in 1812.

Nice wood! Let's see it in the tank!
Unfortunately I don't even have the tank yet. I'm having to wait to pick it up from the guy until I move into my new house. Of course I can't close on the house until they finish pouring the concrete around the pool and Louisville is having twice as much rain this month than the average which is preventing them from pouring concrete. Everything is working against me in getting my tank set up.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
What size tank are you going to put that wood in?

We have Big Red everywhere here, but call it Soda and sometimes refer to everything as Coke(such as Root Beer, Dr. Pepper and even Sprite).

I knew up north it got called pop alot but was surprised to walk in a store(Ohio) and they had a sign saying pop

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Although I am trying to cut out soda consumption as a part of cutting body weight I am a little intrigued and interested in having a swig of this Big Red.I might look for some tomorrow.

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
What size tank are you going to put that wood in?

We have Big Red everywhere here, but call it Soda and sometimes refer to everything as Coke(such as Root Beer, Dr. Pepper and even Sprite).

I knew up north it got called pop alot but was surprised to walk in a store(Ohio) and they had a sign saying pop
It's going in a 150 gallon. Planning on an oscar, severum, some silver dollars, and a Senegal bichir with it. But I have changed my mind a million and a half times in the last month of what I want.

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
Although I am trying to cut out soda consumption as a part of cutting body weight I am a little intrigued and interested in having a swig of this Big Red.I might look for some tomorrow.
Cut out soda consumption and increase pop consumption. And yesssss! I was going to tell you next time you're in a convenient store look for it. Preferably in glass bottles. I think Cracker Barrel sells the four packs of glass bottles as well.

Keman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2014
Auburn, wa
I remember Big Red from being down south. AL, GA, TX, FLA... Used to buy it on base for a dime a bottle... (ya, I'm that old...) Pop down there, Soda here in WA.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Cut out soda consumption and increase pop consumption.
LOL,well if I can't find it in any convenience stores at least I have a Cracker Barrel that is not too far that I can go to and get it from.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
LOL,well if I can't find it in any convenience stores at least I have a Cracker Barrel that is not too far that I can go to and get it from.
It's at Walmart everyday here in 12pk cans or 2 liter. Yes you must try it, it has a really unique taste to it, almost like bubble gum. However I can't get hooked to it so after 1 or 2 (2) liters I switch back to my normal cola.

Cracker Barrel, Here they have Zagnuts and Buckeyes, which can't be found around here.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Zagnuts...the candy bar?....haven't seen that one in years.

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
It's at Walmart everyday here in 12pk cans or 2 liter. Yes you must try it, it has a really unique taste to it, almost like bubble gum. However I can't get hooked to it so after 1 or 2 (2) liters I switch back to my normal cola.

Cracker Barrel, Here they have Zagnuts and Buckeyes, which can't be found around here.
It's best in a glass bottle. And weird, Wikipedia said people compare it to bubble gum or like a lemon, orange, vanilla mix. I don't get either of those, it's just smooth.

What is a zagnut?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store