Looking for a carpeting plant...

Adhlc

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Right now I'm trying to get micro sword to cover the bottom but it's becoming a pain. So I'm now looking for something a little stronger that will do well in 2wpg with eco-complete substrate. Any sugestions?

Also, for those who have micro sword, any tips for getting it to spread more efficiently? I feel as though I am missing something...:confused:

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Most important thing is, what type of lighting do you have? Also, I need to know what size tank you have, and how deep the tank is. Few plants will "carpet" well under only 2wpg, assuming you are actually using T12s or CF lighting. If you have any other lighting, then your wpg rating means next to nothing.

Adhlc

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2007
Raleigh, NC
WyldFya;1340218; said:
Most important thing is, what type of lighting do you have? Also, I need to know what size tank you have, and how deep the tank is. Few plants will "carpet" well under only 2wpg, assuming you are actually using T12s or CF lighting. If you have any other lighting, then your wpg rating means next to nothing.

The tank's a 55 gallon, 18" deep. The lighting is a 48" Coralife 2x65w compact flourescent.

Sorry, I should have stated that in my original post :redface:

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Your best bet for a carpeting plant with those lighting levels would be either Echinodorus tenellus, or a cryptocoryne species.

Acer

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2007
Canada
Dwarf sagitarrius is a nice looking plant that can carpet the bottom when sufficient light is present.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store