Looking for advice. beginning research for rays

Phishguy

Feeder Fish
Apr 19, 2012
Springfield, ma
I am wondering what peoples opinions are of rays in a 210g display. I am new to aggressive tanks but I am not new to saltwater aquariums. I have owned reef aquariums for the last 8 years or so with success. I have been thinking about building my 210g into "species" stingray tank. The dimensions are 6 x 2 x 2.5. There would be minimal rock work in the tank and perhaps a few other unique tank mates. I am in the "thinking" stages as I am just starting my research in to "other than reef" aquariums. can rays be successfully kept in a 210?

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
you need a wider footprint depending on the ray you get and most saltwater rays are sensitive to various changes in their water.

Deano1956

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Morris, IL.
I thinks a 210 is "ok" for a young ray thats no more than 5" across the disc. Once they start reaching maturity they need good amounts of room to swim. The Bluespots dont seem as active as others but I still think it's like taking a good size dog and putting them into a 4x6" kennel. Will they survive? Probably, but not very comfortably.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store