Looking for FW puffer info

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Hmmm. See, I am learning something new about them every single day. Modestus doesn't even look like a "real" puffer to me.
Yeah that is why I didn't recomend them at first. but figured I would let you make up your own mind.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Not totally against it. I just have no experience with them. They are definitely cool looking puffs.
Green spotted puffers are the best in my opinion had them for years one of my favorite fish. Brackish isn't to difficult you just have to get a hydrometer and salt. Get a bucket for water to mix the salt for water changes. (that is the part I got tired of)

upstater13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2014
Upstate NY
That is kind of what I read everywhere from people. I am not really opposed to it I guess. What's up with the "Abei puffer"? Is that just another member of the "target" group? A smaller tank and a single 4-6" puffer would be okay as well.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I have a hairy puffer in a 40B and absolutely love him. I use a larger gravel so he does not bury himself and is always out in the open. But all he does is lay around until feeding time. Though he has started puffing up in the evenings for no reason.
dsc01413.jpg
dsc01416.jpg
Sounds like for the type of puffer activity you are looking for a Green Spotted is the way to go.

dsc01413.jpg

dsc01416.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store