Looking for input on tank setup

Penn94

Feeder Fish
Apr 14, 2022
I plan on getting a 200 gallon tank in the near future and I was wondering if my plan for the fish is overly optimistic or not. I want to get a silver arowana, a giant gourami, 3 oscar, 5-10 silver dollars, and a common pleco. I was planning on getting 2 fluval fx6's. I appreciate any and all feedback!

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I plan on getting a 200 gallon tank in the near future and I was wondering if my plan for the fish is overly optimistic or not. I want to get a silver arowana, a giant gourami, 3 oscar, 5-10 silver dollars, and a common pleco. I was planning on getting 2 fluval fx6's. I appreciate any and all feedback!
No, that would be extremely overstocked and even if filtration could keep up with it the fish would still have no room to grow properly.

You could do 1 Oscar, 4 silver dollars and maybe a pair of more medium sized plecos like a gold nugget or phantoms.

could do a giant gourami as a solo or maybe could put a school of geos in with him (don’t know their compatibility I just like the idea)

another cool idea would be a mildly planted tank with a bit of hard scape. With a stock of: 2 or 3 different larger tetra or barb species to school, 4 hognose Cory catfish, and a blue acara or someother medium sized non aggressive cichlid

Reactions: Penn94
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store