Looking For My Monster

Hot Pursuit

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2009
wilmington nc
www.kenburtonstory.com
Sorry for not posting and answering your comments sooner. I sold the 125 gallon yesterday to a very nice couple. It was a lot work getting it empty and loaded up for them. I will be moving the big entrainment unit out from in front of my tank so I can get the photos you are asking for (Full Tank Shots). I will get back to posting soon as I can. My last day at work was 12 1/2 hours & with the tank move I'm a little worn out, but you can't keep a guy like me down for long!!! LOL Thanks to everybody for your interest!!
Ken

PS Here is something else that I posted on the other site before I got the boot. I hope it will entertain until I get more pictures posted.

Aquatic Secrets
(Number 18 in a series)

Today’s Subject:
How to catch almost any fish without causing damage to your reef tank.

List of items you will need
1. Pepto-Bismo
2. 4 or 5 table shrimp
3. 2 cookie sheets
4. A colander or tea strainer
5. A small order of Mu Shu Pork (May substitute Mu Gu Guy Pan) *See note 1 below
6. One Sleeping Pill *See notes 2 & 3 below
7. Small amount of flake fish food
8. A plant mister
9. Access to an oven
10. A small pan
11. A Food processor
12. A standard fish net
13. A small paint brush

Who among us has not at one time or another has not wanted to remove a troublesome fish from our reef aquarium only to find the task nearly impossible without resorting to ridicules extremes. I personally had that experience with a Blue Green Chromis once, but that’s another story. Today I will share a little secret with you on how to remove almost any fish easily and painlessly without disrupting live rock and corals etc. Let’s begin.

Put the table shrimp in the pan and add about one cup of fresh water (Not salt water) bring this to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to stand for 30 minutes. Strain this with the colander or tea strainer and save the water. Discard the shrimp. Add one table spoon of Pepto-Bismo to the water. The shrimp flavor will help mask the taste of the Pepto-Bismo Now take the first cookie sheet and spread out enough flake fish food for a single feeding of your fish. Add the shrimp water to the plant mister and spray the flake food on the cookie sheet. SPRAY VERY LIGHTLY! You do not want to soak the flakes. Now put this in the oven at 225 for 12 minutes or until flakes are dry again. When this is accomplished mark it pan number one and set it aside for the moment.

Take one cup of the Mu Shu Pork (or Mu Gu Guy Pan) and place in the food processor with the sleeping pill. You won’t need this much but the food processor will not run with any less in it. Run the processor on high for about three minutes or until a thick liquid with no lumps is achieved. Take the paint brush and paint the liquid on the second cookie sheet. Try to paint a thin even coat. Now put this in the oven at 225 for 12 minutes or until it is completely dry. Remove from heat and allow to cool. When cool break the thin dry layer up and it will look like flake fish food. Mark this pan number two so you do not mix up the pans.

Now it’s time to end the rain of terror that pesky fish has caused you and his tank mates. Feed all the fish as you normally would from pan one. Don’t over feed as we want them to still be a little hungry. Wait for two hours so the fish will be constipated and feed them the flakes from pan two. Allow them to eat as much as they will. The Chinese food will give them gas. Remember that the fish are constipated so this gas will cause them to bloat and they will float right to the surface where you can easily net them. Don’t worry about the other fish. They will recover. Anyone who has ever eating Chinese food can tell you that you will feel much better the next day.

Notes:

1. When ordering Mu Shu Pork (or Mu Gu Guy Pan) it is best to avoid Szechuan restrants as the food may be too spicy for our purposes

2. Best sleeping pills to use may be Eszopiclone or Triazolam (a benzodiazepine derivative).

3. Don’t use Zaleplon as it can be habit-forming and the last thing we need is a tank full of drug dependent fish to support.

Immortalitis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2009
Denmark
Hot Pursuit;4094561; said:
I would like to get the Mandarin Goby today but wisdom dictates that I wait till the tank has had an opportunity to mature. (Darn wisdom!) I will need time to cultivate a large crop of copepods also.
Ken
Ok mate, looking forward to see the little beauty! (;

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Hot Pursuit;4107877; said:
What happened to all the pictures I posted?????
Ken
Good question ! PUT EM BACK :naughty:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store