Looking into buying a 500gal.

stempy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2011
Galloway, OH
The only way your finding a 500 gallon acrylic tank for under 1k is if its in REALLY bad shape. Acrylic has gotten quite expensive lately, 1 sheet to make a tank that size can cost upwards of $700.....

asteele.19

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2014
Michigan, United States
That seems quite expensive to me, but Im not sure what those kind of tanks go for in your area. Probably got for $1200

Dang I am in your neck of the woods can you find me one for that price?? LOL.. Cheapest I have seen around that size around here is $3,000 to $4,000.... All the good deals I see are in California!!!!!
lol most start around $3k-$4k, but 90% dont sell at that price. I've followed up with some of the sellers and they went anywhere from $1200-$2000.

paulW

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
ohio
One of my lfss is closingby the end of the year, they are marking everything to sell, and they have 2 500gal acrylic tanks in the back. The one I am looking at has a metal stand that it sits on and seems to have a large built in overflow on the side of it. From what I remember, it's not badly scratched and was in good shape. The owner is asking $3600 for just the tank and the stand, but they say that they are open to offers. I've never bought a tank this large, so I'm not sure if this is a good price or not? This tank would replace my 200gal that I currently have

Sent from my HTCONE using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
If it's a well built acrylic tank, Then I would say $3600 is a reasonable price. Not a steal, but reasonable.
Call one of the custom builders and see what all that would cost new.. Prices have gone up in a the last few years.
I agree with the other poster.. It would be better to ask close to the stores' asking price and try to get them to throw in some extras.
If they include the sump, and all the plumbing to hook it up, that will save you quite a bit.

I'm sure people have gotten tanks that size for less, but a lot depends on how desperate the seller is to move it.

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
I talked to my other half about it and he made a good point of how I would get such a wide tank into the house... Tbh I'm not sure if it would be possible. I don't have exact measurements, but I would say that it is about 3 feet wide, 7 feet long and the rest would be in the height(it's a pretty tall tank so I could be way off)

Sent from my HTCONE using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
:grinyes:
[YT]Tz_LqBBugnE[/YT]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store